It’s Friday evening.
Around 19:00 and I am getting ready to go to bed.
Am I tired? Not that tired, but I fear if I leave my house you might see my eyebrow situation…(insert embarrassment here!)
So this year sees me starting a brow journey … I am on a serious mission, a quest for fabulous brows, because It’s a “BROW” time… don’t you think?!
Let me start with sharing a little secret, I hate full brows. Mine in particular…
And as the trends over the last years have gone from shaving brows off completely and drawing just a line (insert LOL here), to thin plucked brows and even extreme OTT filled browns with black eyeliner, things in the brow department has been a wee bit confusing.
Fast forward to 2017…
Threading, waxing, plucking, filling with pencil, gels and powder… these sisters might have to take a back seat as Microblading takes over.
While threading is a cheaper option, it ain’t the best option as it could cause damage to the skin tissue around the eye area. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry), age (youthful/mature), but ALAS! It is not a pocket friendly option.
For now filling my either plucked or waxed brows works for me, but O M Geeeeeeee let me tell you how I tried to grow out my full brow and failed successfully.
I just couldn’t deal with the “dirty & untidy” look.
I mean I tried, I really did!
But I just couldn’t.
You see the thing is, growing out your complete brow could take around anywhere from 6 weeks to 6 months. In the meantime, there are a number of things you can do to not look beastly. Be patient and remember, it takes 6 months to make a Rolls-Royce and 13 hours to make a Toyota!
So I thought I’d give you a few pointers in case you have a bit more will power to grow out yours.
- 1. The first step is to LEAVE THEM ALONE!! Do not touch them at all. Hide your tweezers, hide your brow razor and throw away your wax strips.
- 2. You’re going to have to leave the house and you may feel like everyone is staring at you, visit your hairstylist and cut some bangs to cover up your brows.(PS. Don’t try to cut your bangs yourself and also maybe Summer is not a good idea, you know heat and sweat and all…)
- 3. Your face will thank you, dress up in bright colours to take the attention off the facial features.
- 4. Experiment With A Brow Serum. Virgin Coconut oil and an eyebrow brush works real well too. You know like brushing your hair stimulates the roots, same same!
- 5. Fill in with Brow Powders as you wait.
The BH Cosmetics brow palette has been my go-to with a super lasting and superb blending for a natural effect.
This must-have brow palette is ideal for brow lovers.
The versatile brow palette features 8 brow powders and 4 wax shades. You can use the powders individually or mix and match for a custom shade. Brow wax can be used alone, as a primer to help keep brow powder in place for those with sparse brows, or to tame unruly brows.
So to grow out or to fill?